We respect your privacy. Here is an overview of the information this website collects about you.
If you have any concerns regarding your personal information, feel free to contact us:
Rights to Your Information
You have the right to access and edit your information through the web interface provided as part of shortfil.ms or via written request. On written request and subject to proof of identity, you may access the personal information that we hold, used or communicated and ask that any necessary corrections be made, where applicable, as authorized or required by law. However, to make sure that the personal information we maintain about you is accurate and up to date, please inform us immediately of any change in your personal information by mail or email.
Under the GDPR, you may be entitled to additional rights, including:
- the right to withdraw consent to processing where consent is the basis of processing;
- the right to access your personal information and certain other supplementary information, under certain conditions;
- the right to object to unlawful data processing, under certain conditions;
- the right to erasure of personal information about you, under certain conditions;
- the right to demand that we restrict processing of your personal information, under certain conditions, if you believe we have exceeded the legitimate basis for processing, processing is no longer necessary, are processing, or believe your personal information is inaccurate;
- the right to data portability of personal information concerning you that you provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, under certain conditions;
- the right object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you, under certain conditions;
- the right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities.
If you want to learn more about your rights under the GDPR, you can visit the European Commission’s page on Data Protection.
In common with other websites log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor’s anonymized IP address, browser type, operating system, the external and internal referring page and the time of your visit. Also we are using a self-hosted instance of the open source web analytics tool Matomo to monitor the performance of the website, traffic and usage. IP addresses in Matomo are automatically anonymized, too. Our web server is hosted by DomainFactory in France.
A cookie from our web analytics tool Matomo is stored on your machine when you are using shortfil.ms. You can use the Do not track-setting of your browser to opt-out the Matomo tracking or do so right here.
Search queries through our internal search engine are logged in an anonymized way for statistical purposes.
We do not use external, embeddable social media sharing buttons (e.g. Facebook’s “like” button) to prevent our users from being tracked by these services. If you are using our buttons to share content on external services, the privacy policies of these services apply. The same applies to our social media channels on these services.
While you are browsing through shortfil.ms no data is shared with third parties. If you click on a play button to watch a film, the video player from an external video-sharing website (either YouTube or Vimeo) will be embedded into the page. These third-party players may include further tracking methods. For further information please contact the respective service provider:
- Contact: Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
- Opt-Out: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated
- Contact: Vimeo Inc., Attention: Legal Department, 555 West 18th Street New York, New York 10011, USA.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.